Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My night at Ann's...

Vocal Training at Ann Hussein's...
So it was a Saturday, and I'd missed a full week of Idol activity cos I'd taken The Kids to KL to see The Grandfather. For which I got chided for by some readers, but defended by others (for which I am eternally grateful, nice to know there are people who'll come up to bat for you :)), single-parenting (The Husband was left in Singapore) does not a free blogger make.

Anyhoo, I made The Husband drive out to KL on a Friday just so he could bring us back here on Saturday in time for the roadshow at The Heeren (6.30pm). But true to form, Malaysian immigration decided to keep just a measley four counters open to serve the gazillion (ok, maybe 400+) cars heading into Singapore, and Singaporean cars, true to form, did not queue.

Long story short, I missed the roadshow, but made it to Ann Hussein's just in time for dinner. Didn't even go home to unpack or change, arrived straight off the highway from Tuas Checkpoint - how committed am I right? Ssshh, we don't like to use the word 'groupie' too often here.

Nasi lemak that was tarpowed over to Ann's very cool home/Gingerbread Studios, was awesome. This was my first time at Ann's - I KNOW RIGHT? The season's almost over and this was my first time there! I love her place. Its two 4-room flats combined into one - 2 Become 1 (cue cheesy Spice Girls music). One side houses the house, the other, the studio. By the way Kak Ann, if you're reading this, it was me who walloped all the teh susu. Couldn't help myself, must have had 4 or 5 rounds - soooo yummy!

Once we got done with dinner, it was everyone into the studio to do the songs. Sorry for the low quality vid, lighting was low so its a bit grainy. Plus the room was small :) Here are your Top 12, workin' out the kinks in their medleys...




So while the Idols were busy going in and out of the studio for vocal rehearsals for their various medleys/solos etc, those not involved would chill outside. Farhan decided to hook up to Ustream, live webcast woot! It was super fun chatting with fans. Someone actually said I looked young - woot!

Here are some vids shot while just waiting around doin' nothing. Tabby slept for the most part and Sylvia was on Ustream for the most part. Somewhere in between Farhan and Justin whipped out some music video maker programme on their macs and they had fun 'filming' music videos for the webcam! Iz got a vid of them making the vid (it was so dark, whatever I video-ed didn't turn out), so look out for it when he uploads it! Am waiting for Farhan to upload his actual vid...

Anyway, in the meantime, here's what I shot with my trusty e71 while people were waitin' around...






I really enjoyed just hangin' out with the Top 12, it was like old times, like when the Spectaculars first began, and we stayed back for late night keychecks, chatting, singing, etc. It was nice to have the whole gang back together :) Syltra and MJ were sorely missed though...

It was also kinda perfect that it happened then, in the midst of the flurry of activity that is 'getting-ready-for-the-finals'. It was a nice 'breather' from the stress of the finals. There was no stress at Ann's, just friends hangin' out and watchin' a little MTV (it was on throughout ok....and in some of the vids, you can see Duane/Sylvia/Malaque step up and dance in the back - they said 'don't film me my cacat dancemoves, so I didn't).

Somewhere along the way, Tabby woke up and she and Duane hooked their headphones up to the same iPod and started singing together :) so cute....



I loved how Tabby knew the super fast lyrics to Check On It...sigh, I miss Tabby bein' on the show. And yes, Tabby went back to sleep shortly after this, ....on a different couch. I saw her tweet later that she 'shouldn't have slept so much at Ann's now I'm wide awake', at about 2am. LOL :)

Well, that was my night at Ann's. Next post - choreo :)

Hope you enjoyed the vids, and can kinda figure out what the line up is for Sunday.

xoxo, s.

1 comment:

  1. aaaah! it's so fun being a part of idol! too bad i can't sing! haha! anyways, it must be uber cool hanging out with them!! & being a part of their lifes! i seriously envy youuuu!! :D continue taking cool videos and pics of them! :D

    Ayuni ;)

    ReplyDelete