Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OMG Challenger #4 : Syros

Cards Cut Like A Knife....
Who knew playing cards could really be that sharp? I always thought it was just movie dramatics, you know those Hong Kong gambler movies always feature some angmoh villain with slicked-back hair who's a card dealer by day and super ninja type card-flicking villain by night, and when he flicks the whole deck at the hero, the hero's shirt looks like it went thru a shredder?

Ok I digress... a little. Meet 21-year old Syros. The guy can literally make a card cut like a knife. I kid you not. If you've seen some of Channel 5's recent trailers, you'll see proof of how sharp a card can be when its flicked correctly. I've asked him, the deck is not a trick deck. Its a simple deck of cards.

So why did you join OMG?!
I want to showcase magic as an art form. If I do win, I'll donate most of the prize money to the Cancer Society. I think Cancer patients really need as much as they can get.

Tell us a little more about yourself, what are your talents?
I'm a magician, and I can do mind-reading too.

Quick, what am I thinking?
You're thinking what am I about to do next.

Actually I was thinking its kinda dark down here (we're in B5, at the Orchestra pit).
So what do you do in real life?
I'm a 4th year medical student.

How'd you get into magic?
When I was 13, my elder brother showed me a trick and I got hooked. Thats when I got started too. He's three years older than me. Now, we perform together for concerts and fundraisers to raise funds for various charitable beneficiaries.

You guys actually do concerts? Like magic concerts?? How does that work?
Its about an hour and 30 minutes long, and its basically a show. The proceeds go to the beneficiaries of the concert.

You're a challenger on tonight's show, who will you be challenging?
Either Elvis or Desert Roses.

Catch Syros on tonight's episode of One Moment Of Glory, 8pm, on Channel 5!
Think your talent is bigger than his (or any of the other contenders on the show)? Come join us, email producers at omg@mediacorp.com.sg and the $50,000 could be yours!


Episodes 4, 5 and 6 are bein' recorded this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights at 7pm, with new guest judge Tay Ping Hui. Want tickets? Email omg@mediacorp.com.sg now!


No comments:

Post a Comment