Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Challenger #2 : Zulmystroe

The Beatboxer
Zulkarnain, better known in the beatboxing community as Zul Mystroe, is just 23, but is one of the pioneers of beatbox in Singapore (like his friend and fellow beatboxer, Idol alum Charles 'Stitch' Wong).

Why did you join OMG!?
I wanted to try it out and see how far I could go in the competition. Its also good for exposure and of course the prize money is not bad. Beat boxing is still pretty new and not many people know it. When I say beatbox, some people ask me back, "beat a box ah?"

So how would you describe beatboxing then?
Well its like making drumbeats with our mouths.

What do you do in real life?
I'm a student at ITE Choa Chu Kang, in Audio/Video Production. I want to be a film director or an audio engineer. I've got just one more year to go.

So do you beatbox for a living? Or is it just for fun?
I actually do workshops where I teach people how to beatbox. Most people hire me from word-of-mouth. I also do performances for a small fee.

What would you do with the $50k if you won?
I would like to take that money and make my own home recording studio. After that I would give some to my parents and then use some to go on a holiday!

















Catch ZulMystroe tonight on Episode 3 of One Moment Of Glory and see if he manages to beat his chosen Contender to win a spot on the podium!
Are you a beatboxer like Zul? Or have some other extraordinary talent? Producers want YOU! Email omg@mediacorp.com.sg and join the show - you could walk way with $50,000 in cash and gain tons of exposure which is priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment