Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The One With The Interviews

Idol Dance History!
Sorry to say, but all four of them have absolutely no formal training in dance. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Nil.
But hey, that doesn't mean they can't move. I realised last Idol Day that I haven't been 'interviewing' them the last few weeks - dunno how it coulda slipped my mind - tsk - so I decided to interview them again, the old-fashioned way. Armed with notebook and pen, I scribbled furiously as they rattled off their answers.

Here are this week's 'dance-related' interviews with your Top 4, in order of performance.
















Any dance history? Formal lessons?
No dance history at all. Except that I've always wanted to be a ballerina. But my mom put me in taekwando! (So strange, I'm the total opposite! I always wanted to do Taekwando, but my Mom made me do ballet as a kid!)

What's your earliest memory of dancing?
Having to dance with my cousins at like family gatherings and christmas parties etc. My mom and aunties always liked to watch the younger ones perform. We had a Spice Girl routine cos there were 4 of us, I was Sporty Spice! The first song I ever performed was 'Wanna Be'! I was 4 years old!

When was your first boy-girl dance and who was it with?
In kindergarten, they used to have dances at the Christmas parties in Hong Kong (Tabby went to an international pre-school when her family lived in Hong Kong for 2 years, her sister Serena was born in Hong Kong), and I danced with this boy called Christian Zangellini. (Incidentally, this boy was also named as Tabby's first crush in one of her early interviews with Izked.) Aww so cute!

What's your favourite style of dance? What do you enjoy watching?
I totally don't understand interpretive dance! I'm like wuuuutt??
I think the most fun dance is like salsa and tango - they're so sexy!

If you could dance with anyone at all, who would it be?
OMG Justin Timberlake *drool*

















Any dance history? Formal lessons?
No dance history. But I've always believed I could dance, like in my head, I believed I was decent. But when I dance, my friends always say, 'you should look at yourself in the mirror. don't dance.'

What's your earliest memory of dancing?
In primary school (primary 5 or 6), there was a 10th Anniversary concert and I was chosen to do a rap. I had like 20 back-up dancers! Actually I was one of the dancers, but then there was a rap part that they incorporated and one of the teachers saw that I could rap, so she made me the rapper. I even have a VCD of it but no way am I gonna bring it out!

When was your first boy-girl dance and who was it with?
Prom. In Secondary School. I was 16. It was my first slow dance with a girl, and apparently this girl liked me (or so she alluded), but she didn't tell me. I was such a geek. And she was one of the prettiest girls in school.

What's your favourite style of dance? What do you enjoy watching?
Lyrical Hip-Hop. (Like the stuff choreographers Tabitha & Napoleon come up with on So You Think You Can Dance! Super amazing stuff!)

If you could dance with anyone at all, who would it be?
Leighton Meester!
(for the blur, Leighton Meester plays Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl.)

















Any dance history? Formal lessons?
No dance background, but I love to dance and to freestyle.

What's your earliest memory of dancing?
My Mom would always tell me that when I was young, like really little, I would go around dancing to my own tune, like, around the house.

When was your first boy-girl dance and who was it with?
In secondary school, there was some kind of Teacher's Day show and they would play some music in the break and people would dance. I can't remember who I danced with though. (I ask her, 'Was this a slow dance?' to which Sylvia said 'No'.)
So when was your first slow dance with a boy then?
To me, having a slow dance is very intimate. My first slow dance was when I was in my first serious relationship with my first boyfriend at 18. (awwww...)

What's your favourite style of dance? What do you enjoy watching?
Hip Hop, Pop & Lock.

If you could dance with anyone at all, who would it be?
Taylor Lautner! I'm not sure if he can dance, but even if he can't, its okay, I'll just dance and hold on to his abs!
(OMG LOL!)

















Any dance history? Formal lessons?
No, not really. I teach beatboxing at this place called 'Natasha Studio' and the owner, Larry, is a breakdance teacher, so he teaches me a bit on and off. This started about a year ago.

What's your earliest memory of dancing?
Every time I do something clumsy like bump into things or knock over something, my Mom reminds me of the time I danced with her and stepped on her feet, that was when I was 5 or 6 years old.

When was your first boy-girl dance and who was it with?
My first real boy-girl dance was a few years ago. I went clubbing with Sherry, and was happily dancing away, doing some really chinky-chinese moves. I didn't realise until the next morning that I must have had two left feet, but Sherry was very encouraging. I don't know why, when I'm on my back or my hands, things seem to go well, but my feet just cannot. Once, during choreo, I was just walking from point A to point B, and Zaki said, "Charles, you really shouldn't dance." LOL!
Sherry goes for hip hop class and she can pull it off quite well, so even like last night, she came over to help me groove! ...... I still have 2 left feet.

What's your favourite style of dance? What do you enjoy watching?
B-boying definitely! For people in Korea, its like a staple form of dance. There's this move called the 'air-track' and its very cool, they get on their hands and their legs do the windmill and they just like keep flippin'! Its amazing!

If you could dance with anyone at all, who would it be?
(after much thought) I'll dance with William Hung or Steven Lim (ugh?! ugly gladiator stripper guy from season 1? Ew!), cos next to them, I won't look so bad! LOL!


Wanna hear something freaky? Halfway transcribing these interviews, I realised I must be clairvoyant cos I actually interviewed them in the order of this week's performance (before the info was released by producers!) How weird is that? Coincidence? I think not. I MUST be clairvoyant....psychic network here I come. Ok, its 2.45am, this post shoulda been out before midnight but I got sidetracked watching 16 & Pregnant on mtv.com. (Thanks a lot Ash! pfft!)

Ok, gotta turn in now...its late..and guess what peeps...its IDOL DAY! Woot!

xoxo, s.

ps. One more WOOT! Cos its IDOL DAY!

pps. Don't forget to catch Tabby and SylSyl on 987FM with Dan & Young in the morning at 9am! Dan & Young, you gotta make Tabby do 'Jessica' on radio!

1 comment:

  1. .. is this the chris , tabby was talking about.
    i googled cause i kpo.
    http://www.facebook.com/czanghellinisliva
    - Eli

    ReplyDelete