Thursday, November 26, 2009
I was vascillating between both actually.
I kinda 'expected' it to happen based on American Idol's track record. When they did Idol Gives Back, which is a similar themed show, charity, uplifting, positive stuff, they too sprang the whole 'no one's going home' deal at the end of the show.
But somehow, watching Gurms go through the motions and put Charlie in the bottom half, then send Airi to safety, then Sylvia to safety.... I thought OMG, maybe I 'predicted' wrong, maybe there IS gonna be someone going home tonight...heart started to do a thumpa-thump-thump there.
Anyway, its all goode. I'm happy that its non-elim. I saw some facebook posts and not everyone was happy bunny bout it. Many were also confused by what this whole non-elim thing means.
Let me try and clarify it to the best of my knowledge (@siproducer, feel free to jump in via comment box if I trip on anything)...
1. Tonight is a non-elimination round, which means no one gets sent home. (y'know, like in Amazing Race! Duh, stating the obvious there...)
2. All the votes received tonight will be snowballed to next week. Which means you add this week's votes to next week's and the person going home will be based on the TOTAL lowest votes received over tonight's and next week's shows.
3. Judges Save - ok, this one a bit iffy - as far as I know, Judges Save is no longer in play cos it only goes up to Top 5. I've not heard anymore buzz about it being extended for use. So lets just fuggedaboutit - old news.
4. Whose votes were lower, Tabby or Charlie? NO IDEA LA. Gurms din say waaat. But suffice it to say, both of them are your Bottom 2. So if you don't want them to remain there, next week, between 8pm and 10pm, better sms faster and more frequently to keep them in the game. Saying that, Sylvia and Sezairi fans, don't be jumpin' for joy so soon - complacency has killed many an Idol dream. Jeassea Thyidor - classic case imo.
5. So is it confirmed that Sezairi and Sylvia are in the Top 3? Please refer to the above points. They are no way guaranteed a spot in the Top 3 as of now, cos there is still more voting to come. You need to add next week's votes to this week's votes. The Idols will then be ranked accordingly once all votes are in at the end of next week's show - and then you'll know who your Top 3 are.
OMG. Top 3. Next week. Mind boggling. Seems like just yesterday it was 24 of them! And then 13! We're seriously just a month away from sitting in Indoor Stadium. Geez...
*snapping out of the daydream* <-technically still night dream since its 2am!
Ok, back to the post - hope those points above clarify where we are right now. Next post, more deets on Step Up & Dance! :)
In the meantime, I managed to catch Airi and Sylvia for a quick interview about how the felt regarding the whole non-elimination stunt...watch...
Sorry I didn't manage to catch Tabby and Charlie. The former was yakking thru the toilet door, thought I had it down, but the sound quality is so blur, won't bother uploading it to YouTube. The latter went missing super fast after the show - didn't see him again until I got out to recep where he was bein' mobbed by fans.
ps. For a look at some amazing pics taken by the in-house team of paparazzos, go to the Official Singapore Idol Facebook Group.
pps. To the fan who requested to hear Faizal's original song, sorry but I have not seen him at all since last week, will endeavour to catch him for it whenever I can ok? Sorry!